Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tues Mar 6th- #9 & Aspen's birthday

Our Tuesday started with name practice and then I had Mr. Potato Head, animals and beads. I pulled the students aside to work on tracing the number 9 and learning that it is nueve in Spanish. Once I completed that with them, I measured their height and asked them a few questions for our All about me page for March. Jax helped us with practicing our colors and shapes and then we counted to 15 jumping up and down. We also practiced counting to 9 in Spanish and doing blastoff counting. I introduced the date and we reviewed our days of the week. We sang our calendar songs and I reviewed the holidays of the month. Jax helped with weather time and did our ABC boogie afterwards. Because we didn’t have a letter this week, I had the students sing the ABC song which practices all the letters and their sounds. Once we completed that, we wiggled and ate our snacks. We celebrated Aspen’s fourth birthday today with doughnuts- thanks Melissa! Once we were all done, we looked at books and had Jax share his show and tell. I gave the kids directions for our All about Me March page and then we colored each section. For class time, I taught about the number 9. We counted in English and Spanish and sang our numeral song while practicing printing the numbers in the air. Then I sang “what’s inside the kitten’s jar?” song and there were 9 stamps. We counted those and then we went to the table to put 9 Easter egg stickers in our jars. Once we finished that, we colored a worksheet of 9 envelopes and had to add 9 “’stamps” to the corner of each one. For letter time, we read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and AlphaBeep-A Zipping, Zooming ABC book to review the letters of the alphabet. Once we completed those stories, we were done for the day!

No comments: