Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thurs Apr 12th- Intro to the farm & Anthony's unbirthday

My class started with scissor practice and then went to play with wooden blocks, magnetic dolls and little legos. I pulled the students aside to work on questions and take their height for our all about me page for April. Our star helped with color word cards and we counted to 30 and did blast off counting. For calendar time, we sang our days of the week and months song. Our class reviewed the date and the calendar. Weather time was next with song and help from the class figuring out what type of weather it was today. ABC time always starts with dancing- helps to get our wiggles out for letter time. We worked on the letter X again- trying to get the sound correct. We sang our ABC song to help us practice all the letters and sounds that we have learned so far this year. After that, I worked on the letter X again with the class. We wiggled and ate snacks. It was a special day because we were celebrating Anthony’s unbirthday so we sang to him and he brought cupcakes for the class. After clean up, the students looked at books and I prepped for All about me time. Kayden shared his show and tell and then we sang our nursery rhyme as we came over to the table to complete the page for our binder. For April, we colored a picture of ourselves, I asked them how they feel when it rains, what they like to do in the springtime and they colored some springtime flowers. Once the students finished that, we started on our theme of the day- an introduction to the farm. The farm is our theme of the month. For lesson time, I wanted to introduce the farm- our theme for the month. I had a poster of the farm and we reviewed each area and the animals and people we meet when we go to the farm. I also had a story to go along with the poster. At the table, we colored a farmer and some animals and cut and glued them on a piece of construction paper. For letter time, I did individual practice of the sound of the letter X and then gave them their lowercase x stamps. We crossed our arms to make an X and I taught them how to make an X on their papers on my white board. After that, our day was complete!

No comments: