Thursday, August 2, 2012

Kinder-Tots Preschool is now enrolling!!

Welcome to my blog for Kinder-Tots Preschool! This gives you a glimse of what we accomplish in my classes and how I run my classes. I feel that structure is very important and we work on certain skills on specified days which you will see throughout the posts. Structure allows your child to be prepared and focus because there is never any surprises. My classroom functions smoother and I know that the students work better because of this.

I have been teaching for 5 years and I love working with this age group. I love their excitement for learning and I try to teach in a variety of different ways so that I can spark growth in many areas. These are such formative years and I try my best to help your child reach their highest potential. One way that I feel that I can do this is in my class sizes. I only accept 7 children into each class. I don't want to overwhelm your child too early on- they deserve to have as much one-on-one time now before they get get sent into classes of 20 or more when they enter public schooling. I can also perform my best when I am teaching a number that I comfortable with. Too many in a class can cause chaos and I always want to have the best environment for my students.

I also teach my three and four year olds seperately. Both are on different levels- socially, academically and with their fine/gross motor skills. My three year olds are working on their basic skills and introducing them to letters, numbers and variety of themes. While my four year old class is a Kindergarten Prep class- working on all the necessary skills they will need to perform their best when they do enter Kindergarten. I start an at home reading program in January and we start working on sight words then as well. More information is below about the class descriptions.

I'm a mom of four who has found her calling as a teacher and I hope that I will have the wonderful opportunity of teaching your child. Please contact me with any questions or to receive my registration/information packet.

Thanks so much and have a wonderful day!
Miss Alisha kinder-tots@cox.net 760-298-0549

Three year old class will be held Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-11:30 am. It is going to be a preparatory class that will allow your child to focus on the basics and give them the chance to develop their needed skills for Kindergarten. The alphabet, numbers, shapes, colors, writing, math concepts and other developmental skills will be the focal point of the class. **Your child will need to be three by September 30th and will need to be potty-trained-no exceptions.**

Four year old class will be held Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9-11:30 am. This class will allow us to concentrate more fully on kindergarten preparation. A variety of themes will be taught throughout the year. The class will be small so that individualized attention can be given. We will continue to build on the basics and work on skills needed for Kindergarten by sharpening their skills for a great start to their educational future.

There is a $50.00 registration fee. Tuition is a yearly fee, which is $900 for the two and half hour/two day a week program which is divided into 9 payments of $100. The two and a half hour/three day a week program is $1350, divided into 9 payments of $150.

School will begin with the Orientation open house (short and sweet) for new children and parents Friday August 31st. The schedule will be 10 to 10:30 am for my three year old class and 11 to 11:30 for my four year old class at my home and we will start classes Tuesday September 4th.

No comments: