Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tues Jan 31st- #7

Today was a special day- we wore our pajamas in honor of the letter of the week- P! On Tuesdays, each child practices printing their names and then they were on to playing with transformers, star wars characters, tweezers and puffs and wooden blocks. I was also pulling each child aside to work on the number seven- counting up to and printing it. Logan helped with the colors and shapes review and then we counted all the way to 31 by popping like popcorn. We also blasted off counting 10 to 1 and worked on our Spanish up to 7 or siete which they learned today. We sang days of the week, months of the year and our winter song. Logan helped dress our weather friend and everyone helped with figuring out the weather. Letter time began with alphabet boogie and then we learned all about the letter P- how it sounds and what other words start with this popular letter. After letter time, Logan picked a wiggle song and I got snack time together. After snacks, we read our January books for the last time and Logan shared her show and tell. For our lesson, I explained how we need to print the number seven- we have to make a slide for the seven not a cliff so we don’t fall off. Then we counted up to 7 in English and Spanish and sang our numeral song tracing the numbers in the air. I talked about the number 7 and where it is found- the days of the week and the colors of the rainbow. I read a poem about the colors of the rainbow and I had a fun song about the 7 different colors that some of us danced to. Then I sang our “What’s inside the kitten’s jar” song and we found 7 bones. We counted them and then I had them come to the table to put 7 hearts in their jars. After they completed that we sat on our rectangles as I prepped for our 7 pets activity. I spilt them up so they would have some room and they glued 7 children and gave each of them a pet and then they colored the page and wrote their names on the back. For letter time, I read two stories- Llama Llama Red Pajama (for our pajama day) and The Pigs’ Picnic which was the letter P story of the week. After we read the story, we practice the sound of P and I gave each a P stamp and either a pirate or princess sticker for letter time fun!

No comments: