Thursday, August 2, 2012

Wed Feb 22nd- Opposites: buy/sell

We came back from our long weekend to start our day with practicing our names- first and last. After they completed that, they played with wooden blocks, transformers, star wars characters and magnetic dolls. I pulled each child aside to practice the letter Ee and its sounds. Rome helped with reviewing color words and then we worked on our counting. We counted to 29 by waving our “trunks” like elephants. We reviewed our date and calendar and then sang days of the week. I also have started to work with teaching the class the days of the week in Spanish. We will start teaching them next week- we listened to the song this week. Weather time with Rome was next followed with ABC boogie. We reviewed our sight words as a class and then I taught the sounds and sign for the letter E. The class and I found E on our alphabet wall and I talked about how it is a vowel and its importance. I also read from our letter book many words that begin with E- even our own Ella! After that we wiggled, ate our snacks and had book time. Rome shared his show and tell and then we got into our lesson. We sang our opposite song and I read our opposites book- I read one action and the class has to tell me its opposite. For the opposite buy and sell, I read about famers markets selling the fruits and vegetable of the farm as well as selling wool, cotton and livestock. To practice the opposites, I put the students in teams of two or three then they pretended to be the farmer and the customer. I gave four “dollars” to each of the customers and then they went and bought fruits and vegetables from the kinder-tots farmers market. They then had to take the dollars and items to the farmer to pay. The farmer had to count the items and make sure they paid the right amount of money. Then we switched places allowing the other friend to play the role. They enjoyed this activity. For letter time, we practiced the sounds and sign for letter E again. We colored our eagle with an egg printing page from earlier. The class also watercolor painted and “Easter egg” cutout for our art in April. Afterwards, I did an individual practice of the sounds as I gave them the E stamp on their hand. In line, I had the class review the sight words and we were done for the day.

No comments: