Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thurs Mar 22nd- purple day

Our day started with scissor practice and then playing with beads, star wars and transformers and Mr. Potato Head. I pulled the students aside to work on Easter egg painting which is their name plate for the door this month. I practiced the colors and shapes with the students and then we counted to 25 pretending to play a violin. Our class reviewed the calendar and sang our songs. For weather time, I read Spring is Here and we talked about the changes that are happening with our new season. We sang our spring song and then worked on the weather. We boogied to the ABCs and then reviewed our letter V again. I talked about some of the things we had talked about in the letter story on Tuesday and we practiced the sound again. The class wiggled, ate snacks and explored the March books for the last time. For nursery rhyme time, we practiced singing Hickory Dickory Dock with the actions and then I talked about clocks and how they work. At the table, the students traced their numbers 1-12 on the clock and we practiced their names. For purple time, I taught about how purple is made with red and blue. With the light table, I had the students take red and blue color paddles and put them together to make purple. After that, we read Harold and the Purple Crayon and all the amazing things he created with this great color. The students then asked for Purplelious and I read that to them. We then prepared for finger painting and then they painted purple grapes on a vine and colored the word purple and traced their name with a purple crayon. Once I cleaned up the area, we practiced the letter V sound and then came back to the table to color our V printing page from Tuesday. I played violin music in the background but it wasn’t loved by everyone. After we finished, I stamped their hands with the lowercase v stamp and we went outside a bit early to color with chalk.

No comments: