Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tues Apr 3rd- Black day

For this make up day, we started with name practice and then the kids played with nuts & bolts, baby dolls, duplos and rainbow color matching. I was the star since Chelsea was absent so we reviewed our color word cards and the class and I counted to 15 bouncing like bunnies for Easter. We talked about our new month April and I talked about all the holidays and “unbirthdays” of the month. I have made April our “unbirthday” month and will be celebrating our summer birthdays this month. We reviewed our date at calendar time along with singing our songs and I dressed our weather friend for weather time. During letter time, we boogied to the ABCs and then I gave a sneak peek to our letter of the week next week- X! The class and I sang the ABC song as we sang the letters and sounds they make. I picked the wiggle song and afterwards, the class ate their snacks. We looked at books and then we had a final chance to sing Hickory Dickory Dock for me. All of them passed it off and picked their prize for doing such a great job! I introduced our new nursery rhyme- Little Bo Peep. I had the children repeat me first and then we sang the song a few times. At the table, we colored our Little Bo Peep booklets and then looked at them when we listened to the song. For black time, I gave all the students an Angry Birds sticker with the black bird on it so they could be wearing some black today. Then I ask them where their black was on their clothes. Afterwards we listened to color black song and then I showed the students pictures of black animals found in nature. The students then came over to the table and completed their color black books along with drawing a picture in black and printing their name in black. After we finished that, I read the story Bear’s Shadow and we talked about how our shadows are black. For letter time, we sang our ABCs and then I read the story- Alphabet Mystery and our letter of the week next week was the star of the book! We said the alphabet after we finished the book and then we headed out side for some chalk time the last 5 minutes of class.

No comments: