Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tues Feb 7th- planets

Tuesdays the students come in and practice their names. I had little legos, little people and magnets out for play time. Each child practiced the letter Q with me and then we cleaned up our classroom. Anthony was our star and he helped with reviewing our colors and shapes. We counted like little quail running up to 20, blasted off and practiced our Spanish to 7. I reviewed the calendar and we sang our songs. I introduced our letter of the week- Q and its sound- “qua” to the students after we alphabet boogied. I read a list of Q words and explained them to the class. Anthony chose our wiggle song and then we had snack time. After the students ate, we had some book time and Anthony shared his show and tell- a little stuffed quail that even made a quail sound which was perfect for our day! I introduced our topic of planets and talked about each of the 8 planets with a poster. I then read 8 Spinning Planets to the class and afterwards, we listened to our new song about the planets. We will be listening to this song each class so that we can memorize the planets. We also started working on a project which will come home this month of their own poster of the planets in order. For letter time, we read the Quiet Quail, practiced our sound of the letter and then we colored our letter pages- one from P as well as Q. Each child reviewed the sound with me as I stamped their hand and we lined up for the conclusion of the day.

No comments: