Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tues Feb 28th- restaurants & grocery stores

Our class started with name practice and then played with food, tinker toys and links. I worked on the letter T with each of the students- printing the letter and practicing the T sound. Aspen was our star and she helped with the colors and shapes practice. After that we counted to 29 on our tip toes and reviewed our Spanish up to 8. I reviewed our calendar and the date. We sang days of the week and months of the year. Aspen helped with weather time and then we boogied to the alphabet. I taught the students about the letter T and the sound it makes. We practiced the sound like we were tap dancing. I also read from my letter book a variety of different words that begin with T. We wiggled, ate our snacks and looked at our February books for the last time. For lesson time, we got right into our lesson on restaurants and grocery stores. I asked the students what some of their favorite places to eat were- we got on the tangent of ice cream and what kinds that we liked. I had to refocus and talk about food places that we eat dinner or even lunch at. McDonalds, Panera Bread, Panda Express were some of the favorites. I then talked about our theme for the month- All around the town. I had a small story that I shared about different places that we will be discussing throughout the month. After that, I talked about grocery stores and where moms buy our food. I got from many students that they don’t like the grocery stores because they take too long and are boring. We talked about what kinds of foods are at the grocery store and how important they are for us. I then showed a picture of a chef and they knew what the chef does- I sang a song to go along with a chef and they we imagined that we were chefs and we had our own restaurants. For letter time, we tapped our toes while singing the letter T song. Then we read our T story about Tilly Turtle went to tea and she broke the table and they made her into the table.

No comments: